The Lunar New Year 2014 presents hot days in Singapore, how is about a refreshing, crunchy salad of cherry tomatoes and grapes to welcome our relatives or friends?
Preparation: < 5 minutes
♥ 12 cherry tomatoes
♥ 12 grapes
♥ 1/2 tsp herbs (e.g. parsley, fresh mint leaves), chopped
♥ 1 tbsp olive oil (extra virgin)
♥ 1 tbsp lemon juice or 2 tbsp orange juice
1. Pour olive oil first into the bowl to later immediately cover the cut tomatoes and grapes with oil.
2. Cut cherry tomatoes, grapes into halves.
3. Add herbs, orange juice. Mix well.
4. Keep in refrigerator for few hours / overnight to marinade for maximum flavor (optional).
5. Serve cold as an afternoon snack or a side dish with hot oatmeal or steamed rice.
♥ I recommend using fresh herbs, but in these few days, groceries shop have been closed due to Lunar New Year holidays, so dried herbs are fine too.
♥ Squeeze orange juice as a companion drink so we can use 2 tbsp of it to add flavor to the salad.
♥ You can also use large tomatoes to substitute for the cherry tomatoes. For me, if I use large tomatoes, I will use the seeds for pasta base.
Check also our other #5minutemeal recipe.