This morning, we enjoyed a breakfast of pasta arrabbiata, followed by a tiramisu dessert, so that we can stay hot and alert for the entire day!
Since this recipe uses chillies & peppers, it had been named Arrabbiata”, which literally means “angry” in Italian.
“Anger is a letter short of danger.”
It is okay to be angry at particular things (e.g. unacceptable situations / people’s behaviors) – after all we are human beings with emotions, but please do not let our anger prolong inside us, harming ourselves & others.
After this meal, let us convert the heat (anger) inside us into positive energy to transform our lives!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
♥ 150g dried penne pasta (意大利面)
♥ 4 ripe tomatoes (番茄), chopped or blended*
♥ 4 cloves garlic (蒜头), thinly sliced
♥ 1 red onion (洋葱), finely chopped
♥ 2 tbsp olive oil (橄榄油)
♥ 6 black olives (黑橄榄), sliced into rings
♥ 1 slice cheese (芝士)
♥ 2 tbsp fresh parsley (香菜), finely chopped
♥ 0.5 tsp black pepper (黑胡椒)
♥ chilli (红辣椒), to taste
* To save time, you can quarter your tomatoes and blend them.
1. Boil pasta in salted water until al dente.
2. While pasta is hot, add cheeese in between pasta to partly melt it. This is an alternative of coating the pasta with olive oil to prevent them from sticking to each other.
3. Sautee onion, garlic with pre-heated olive oil in a frying pan.
4. Add tomatoes, olives, pepper to the pan. Stir.
5. Simmer the sauce.
6. Turn off the heat, add pasta & parsley into the pan & toss.
If this recipe takes slightly too long to prepare, please visit our other #5minutemeal recipes.