Like many of you, I aspire to be a lifelong learner, student, trainee who also simultaneously serves as a mentor to others.
“Learn as if you were to live forever.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi
On an early morning in Beijing, I was greeted with one of the most inspiring sights. Primary school students – lovely children – were studying together with great concentrations. They were surrounding a table, and the sunlight penetrated through the window illuminated them, just like how knowledge has illuminated us, especially if we wholeheartedly digest it into wisdom.
Reflecting on the past decade of my life, I have been very fortunate. People who have generously share their knowledge, inspirations, ideas and skills to me, from teachers to peers, have crossed my formative life path and molded me into a more hardworking person that I was.
My gratitude goes to them and you, who is reading this page right now right here. Please feel free to ask questions, leave suggestions or say Hi. I strongly believe in “三人行，必有我师“, which literally means that among three travelers, there must be a guide / mentor / teacher for me.
I also fondly remember how happy and grateful I was when someone – a junior of mine – wanted my study notes. I spent energy and time digesting the study materials and creating simple notes that summarized what I have learned. Other notes recorded the process of delivering assignments or projects that I, solely or as a team member, endeavored.
Herein, I document a list of useful topics and courses – that I want to learn or have learned, recommended references and some notes and tangible creations resulting from my pursuit of knowledge.
My sincere hope is that they are useful to you. You are free to use them to enjoy the process of learning, to learn faster and more efficiently, to make your own notes (that are better than mine) and ultimately to design, build, and create more useful and inspiring things for yourself and others.
- Creativity 101 offers tips on how to be more creative and transform creativity into fruition. Implementation and execution are as important as ideation.
- Storytelling for Change by Acumen & NovoEd has driven me to draw my life map.
- English through BBC.
- Chinese Mandarin. While a teen, I fell in love with beautiful Chinese calligraphy, Chinese idioms (成语), poems of Tang Dynasty.
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Speaking. Presentation.
- Photography. All photographs published in this blog were captured by Jing@ServicefromHeart, unless otherwise stated.
- Mathematics : abacus 算盤 / soroban そろばん | calculus
- Computer languages
- Science through listening to 60-second Science, reading scientific publications. Thank you Google Scholar and open-access journals!
- Business / entrepreneurship. Berkeley Entrepreneurs Forum.
- Personal MBA list of business books by Josh Kaufman
Last updated 20140707